Bridger's List 2017

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bridger Putnam Bridger Putnam 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bridger Putnam Bridger Putnam 

This year I’m going to try to read a lot more than I did last year, during the summer I got so wrapped up in work that I barely left any time for myself to read for fun. This year will be different. Here is what I am planning to read:

1. The Fountainhead – Ayn Rand – 100%
    This is a remarkable book that I tried reading during high school but never finished. Great story about someone who faces adversity in his beliefs and ideals, eventually rising up showing society how not everyone has to follow the status quo. I am far from a Rand worshipper, however this book is pretty good. 4/5

2. Desert Solitaire – Edward Abbey – 10%
    Edward Abbey is a fascinating individual. Did you know his best friends stole his body when he died and buried him in the desert illegally when he died? Edward Abbey displays euphony in his writing about the beauty of the desert and unspoiled nature.

3. Walden – Henry David Thoreau – 19%
    I’ve been meaning to read this, everyone raves about Thoreau’s rugged individualism. I also want to build a cabin someday.

4. Visual Intelligence – Amy E. Herman – 0% (Re-read)
    I read this really fast the past summer and I feel like I didn’t really take in everything it has to offer.

5. Flow – Csikszentmihalyi – 0%
    Tim Ferriss recommended it.

6. Natural Capitalism – Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins, L. Hunter Lovins – 0%
    I bought this along with five other environmentalists books one night after a wine-fueled binge watching of nature documentaries.

Site owner | Coffee addict

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2015-2017 Reading Length. | Follow my Twitter @ReadingLength

Reading Length is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Word count estimates generated by Reading Length and its users may not be accurate.

Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account